How to Safely Change Vehicle Tires
Calgary Motorcycle towing
If you own a vehicle, don’t expect that you will always get the aid that you need when you find yourself in trouble with your vehicle, especially when you face such an unforeseen situation in the middle of nowhere. If you think changing tires looks like it is very difficult, you got it wrong. It is simple as long as you have the right tools in your vehicle ready. With these tools and the basic knowledge of changing tires, you won’t be worrying about getting flat tires anywhere and anytime. try calling a tow truck if need be
be safe or Call Towing Professional
- Look for a place where you can perform changing tires safely. It should be a flat, solid and leveled surface that will restrict the vehicle from moving and rolling. If you are near the road, you should park your car far away from traffic and turn on the hazard lights. Avoid elevated and soft ground areas.
- Pull the parking brake and place the car’s mode into the parking If your vehicle is with a standard manual transmission, place it in first gear orreverse.
- Put a heavy object right in front of the back and front tires
- Take out your jack and spare tire. Put the jack under the frame of the tire that you need to change. Make sure that the jack is in direct contact with the metal area of the frame of your vehicle. This entirely depends on the kind of vehicle you have, as there are cars that are molded with plastic along its bottom. If you are not sure where to place the jack in your vehicle, read the manual.
- As with modern cars, you will find a small mark or notch just at the back of the wells of the front wheels or at the front of the rear wheel wherein the jack is designed to be placed.
- Raise up the jack until it is supporting the vehicle, but not lifting it up. It should be in its place against the vehicle’s underside. Make sure that you check the jack is in a perpendicular position to the ground.
- Loosen up the nuts and remove its hubcap by turning counterclockwise. Make sure that you do not take them all off; you only need to break off its resistance. By keeping its wheel on its ground when the nuts were loosened, you need to make sure that you are turning the nuts rather than the wheel.
- Crank or pump the jack to lift the tire you wish to change off the ground. The Jack must lift the vehicle up high enough that it will be easy for you to change the flat tires with the spare one.
- Turn all nuts counterclockwise when removing them all the way.
- Remove tire. Put the flat tire right under the vehicle, so when the jack fails, the vehicle falls directly right on the old wheel, thus preventing any injury.
- Put the spare tire right on the hub. Make sure you align the spare tire’s rim using the wheel bolts, then follow them up with the lug nuts.
- Tighten up the nuts until all of them are snug.
- Lower the car without putting too much pressure on the tire.
If you cant do these it might be a better choice to call a local calgary towing service
When you finish changing the tire, you are ready to do another changing when you find yourself in the same situation again.