If you enjoy relaxing over a game of billiards at the local bar, then what could be better than having your very own billiards table at home? Your home is the place in which you want to relax and enjoy life without having to think about work and other hassles, and if billiards is your thing then it makes sense to have your own table, which you can enjoy whenever you like. With your own billiards table at home, you can invite friends around for a few beers and a few games, or you can simply brush up on your billiards skills in the comfort of your own home.
If you are thinking of getting your own billiards table, the first thing you need to decide is where your table is going to go. The perfect solution is to create a billiards room, where you can create the perfect look, atmosphere, and ambience to complement your billiards table. Of course, having a large home and a room going spare would be ideal, but not many people have this luxury, so the next best thing is to make room. Depending on the size of your home – and your family – you could relegate another room, such as a little-used dining room or even a large basement. A few changes in décor, colour, lighting and furnishings can make this into a perfect billiards room environment.
If you don’t have a room that you can convert, you may want to think about building on your property. A proper games room such as a billiard room can make a fantastic addition to the home, and not only will you get hours of enjoyment and delight from this addition but it could also add value to your home. You can get some excellent prices these days when it comes to extending your property, and if you have building skills you may want to have a go at it yourself. Even a large conservatory can make an excellent place to have your billiards room.
Wherever you decide to have your billiards room, you need to ensure that it will serve the purpose. You need to have room for your pool table and for necessary accessories that will give your billiards room the right ambience and look. You also need to have room to freely move around, so don’t be tempted to go for a room that can just about squeeze in your pool table with very little room for anything else, including the players!
Accessorize, furnish and light it up
The key to the perfect billiards room is to have the right billiards accessories, furniture and lighting as well as a suitable space. You can get some fantastic accessories these days, so you can make your billiards room really individual and unique. You will need to look at the more fundamental accessories as well, such as:
- best pool cue
- Pool cue racks
- Pool table covers
- Pool table lights
- Other pool table accessories
Other pool table accessories include essentials such as ball racks, table felt, table hooks, chalk and brushes. looking for a good budget cue? try viper pool stick
In addition to the essential products, you will find a range of really cool furnishings and accessories that are perfect for your billiards room. You can get billiards clocks, framed posters of famous pool players, pool coat racks, billiard room signs, beer signs (to add to the authentic setting), ashtrays, mugs, towels – just about anything you can think of.
Furniture and décor for your billiards room will largely be a matter of personal taste. However, your room will look so much cooler if you can stick to the billiards room theme. You can get an excellent range of furniture to select from these days, and you can enjoy giving your room a great look with:
- Wooden or metal bar stools
- Spectator chairs or stools
- Pedestal table and chair sets
Coupled with accessories such as billiard prints, neon signs, cue racks, and the other fantastic items available these days, this can give your billiards room just the right appearance to make it the perfect place to relax and hang out.
Lighting is another very important consideration, and this can make all of the difference to the look and atmosphere of your billiards room. You can select from a wide choice of billiard room lighting, such as swag & bar lights or stained glass lights. Again, the choice is your and should depend upon the rest of your décor. It is important to also consider wall lighting as well as lighting for above your billiards table. In addition to the wall and table lights, you can add neon signs to the walls, which will add a really great touch and authentic atmosphere to your billiards room.
Why have a billiards room?
There are many ways in which a billiards room could enhance your home and your life. If you enjoy a game of pool down at the local bar, then having access to your very own billiards room will be a dream come true. You can invite your friends round to play a game or two, and make your billiards room in to a real entertainment center for the whole family. Some great reasons for having your own billiards room include:
- Spending more time with the family: It’s not always easy to get quality time with the family, and there aren’t all that many places in which the whole family can get together and enjoy themselves without paying a fortune. Your new billiards room will provide the perfect environment, where you, your partner, the kids, and even granny can relax and enjoy the atmosphere, fun and relaxing ambience that will surround you.
- Giving the kids access to some fun: Most kids live to play games like pool, but generally can’t get into bars and play like adults can! If you want to give your kids something to do, and you would rather they were at home in the evenings rather than wandering the streets, your billiards room is the perfect solutions. Your kids can invite their friends around from time to time, and they will all be thrilled to spend time in your cool billiards room.
- Enjoying being the host and entertainer: If you like to have friends around, then the billiard room will be a fantastic addition to your home. Having dinner parties will never be the same again, and you can all retire to the billiards room for a few games, a couple of drinks, and to listen to some music. You can even enjoy a few pre-dinner games – and even if you’re not inviting friends around for dinner, they will be delighted to come around simply for a game of pool and a couple of beers.
- Increase the value of your property: A well designed games room could really add value to your property, as these rooms are becoming more and more popular. People like nothing more than having a space in which they can relax and enjoy themselves, forgetting about everyday hassles, and this is what you will be giving them with a billiards room.
Enjoy your new billiard room
Once you have got your billiard room fully kitted out and decorated, you will be ready to reap the rewards with years of fun and relaxation with family, friends, even alone. You can use your new billiards room to entertain, enjoy quality time with others, brush up on your billiards skills, enable the kids to learn how to play, and to have a great time with the important people in your life.
Billiards is a universally popular game, and people won’t fail to be impressed with your fantastic new billiards room. This will be a place where you can get away from it all – no more having to slope off to the local bar for a couple of beers and a game or two; you can simply go to your billiard room and enjoy a game whenever you want to. You could even have a well-stocked mini-fridge in your billiard room filled with beers or soft drinks, so you can enjoy a cold drink as you play a relaxing game of pool.
|About The Author
Reno Charlton is an experienced freelance copywriter and an award-winning children’s author from the United Kingdom. You can read more of her informative articles on pool tables and billiard accessories at http://www.pool-and-billiards.com.